Experience: 0-3 years
Reports to: Head - Content
AICL Communications is looking for gifted wordsmiths to help devise innovative and creative copy-based communication solutions. Our Copywriters work on defining a thematic approach, crafting content in a manner that is engaging and relevant, and help transform complex information into compelling stories for some of India’s biggest corporate brands. They develop a range of solutions, extending from world-class annual reports to films, websites, brochures and many other collaterals.
Our Copywriters are as much about style as about substance. They do not just have flair, but a fair idea of ground realities in business and the economy. They are adept at coining smart themes as well as creating narratives for corporate reports, film-scripts or website content. Editorial expertise, grammatical accuracy and a keen eye for spotting and proofing errors are desirable skills.
Of course, our research and content team helps with the facts and the analysis, but the final outcome is always a collaborated one. As brand-identity custodians of many major corporations, this is a very important part of our culture.
We prefer people who are curious, with a yearning to learn new things as well as an ability to think on their feet. The ideal candidate is someone who is at ease at client meetings and brainstorming sessions, besides possessing a unique and flexible style of writing, sharpened through practice and focus. Deadline pressure and demanding clients are an obvious reality.
Roles & responsibilities
- An understanding of the characteristics of external and internal corporate communication
- Ideating on thematic and strategic direction of communication
- Answering complex briefs and creating content solutions
- Handling long-copy with a specialisation in crafting annual reports
- Responsibility for accuracy, grammar checks as well as ensuring an error-free output
- Co-ordinating with internal teams and clients during the iteration and execution process
- Having a robust understanding of industries and an aptitude for business writing
- Ability to mould content depending upon the needs of specific media – print, digital and moving image
Skills & competencies
- An excellent command over the written and spoken word in English is an absolute essential. Good knowledge of Hindi is a definite advantage
- A curious and eclectic mind. Passion, articulation, creativity and knowledge, are all essential ingredients. Originality is a non-negotiable quality
- An ability to write clearly, crisply and in-line with the brief. Should have versatility, coherent expression and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and expression, while remaining true to context
- Ability to edit existing content and bring it in line with contemporary standards
- Knowledge of the digital medium is a must
- Persuasive nature coupled with excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, to effectively interact with clients and the internal project team
- Motivated and proactive approach. We are looking for someone who is a team-player and comfortable with working in high-pressure situations, for long-hours. We are a fun workplace, and like people who enjoy their time at work, without bothering about the watch
Qualifications & experience
- Desired experience as a creative writer. Advertising or PR Agency background is not a prerequisite. Experience in corporate communications and annual reports will be a definite advantage
- Education: Graduates or post-graduates in any discipline, preferably in English, Journalism, Advertising or Communications
- Freshers with exceptional capabilities are welcome
- Participation in the creation of communication collaterals that are critical to corporate reputations
- Opportunity to interact first-hand with top industry professionals in the country, and work with some of the biggest brands
- Best-in-class compensation structure, with an attractive, performance-linked variable pay
- Flexible, fun and informal work environment that values talent, and seeks to provide the best opportunities
- Significant headroom for accelerated growth within the organisation
* if applicable. File should be in pdf and should not exceed 10MB.
Kindly furnish portfolio / profile links in the cover letter.