Experience: 1-6 years
Reports to: Head - Content
AICL Communications is looking for middleweight writers to be creative thought-leaders, and the voice of some of the biggest companies in India, perhaps even across the world. We are looking for writers who understand that substance is as important as form. Our content specialists know the fundamentals of business and are able to express themselves in a manner that appeals to a wide cross-section of stakeholders.
We prefer people who are curious, with a yearning to learn new things as well as an ability to think on their feet. The ideal candidate is someone who is at ease at client meetings and brainstorming sessions, besides possessing a unique and flexible style of writing, sharpened through practice and focus. Deadline pressure and demanding clients are an obvious reality.
Roles & responsibilities
- Study global communication trends and familiarise yourself with contemporary writing styles
- Engage and interact with c-suite executives in the client’s organisation to understand the business
- Conduct relevant research from third party sources
- Craft copy that is strategically sound for corporate reports and other collaterals in line with the client’s corporate personality, communication objectives and brand guidelines
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on strategic direction, directional clarity and other communication imperatives
- Communicate with the client during the iterative process of finalising content
- Ensuring deadline management
Skills & competencies
- Someone who understands the basics of business writing, and is plugged into the latest developments in business and economy
- Someone with a flair for simple, straightforward writing that is grammatically accurate
- People with an ability to communicate effectively, and think strategically
- Motivated and proactive approach. We are looking for someone who is a team-player and comfortable with working in high-pressure situations, for long-hours. We are a fun workplace, and like people who enjoy their time at work, without bothering about the watch or calendar
Qualifications & experience
- Two to five years of experience as content writer. Experience in corporate communications and annual reports will be a definite advantage
- An MBA, or a CA or someone with an equivalent degree in Mass Communications. However, those with the relevant skillsets are welcome to apply irrespective of degree
- Business journalists, editors and people with report writing experience in brokerages or research organisations
- Freshers with exceptional capabilities are welcome
- Participation in the creation of communication collaterals that are critical to corporate reputations
- Opportunity to interact first-hand with top industry professionals in the country, and work with some of the biggest brands
- Best-in-class compensation structure, with an attractive, performance-linked variable pay
- Flexible, fun and informal work environment that values talent, and seeks to provide the best opportunities
- Significant headroom for accelerated growth within the organisation
* if applicable. File should be in pdf and should not exceed 10MB.
Kindly furnish portfolio / profile links in the cover letter.