Business Development Manager
Experience: 3-8 years
Reports to: Head – Business Development
AICL is looking for a mid and senior level business development managers who will be responsible for generating an opportunity pipeline across our various service categories. This role will not only require growing revenue in line with AICL’s business objectives but also entail helping grow reputation and informing relevant stakeholders about our work and thinking.
AICL is in a domain that has vast untapped potential and headroom for exponential growth across its core services of Corporate Reporting, Brand Communication and Internal Communication. Our BD managers are fully conversant with our business and our strengths. They are able to independently reach out to c-suite executives in the best companies and explore opportunities. They know how to leverage the vast body of work that we have produced for India's top corporate brands and are able to develop outreach strategy, understand requirements of prospective clients and prepare relevant resources to address them.
The selected candidate(s) shall be given specific, actionable goals that will have to be met.
Roles & responsibilities
- Understand AICL's suite of offerings and support its business plan.
- Develop deep understanding on global best practices in communications.
- Generate leads, build relationships, conduct pitch meetings and successfully close business with prospective clients (both domestic
- Design, develop and implement a continuous and consistent client engagement programme.
- Collaborate with Client Relations team to identify revenue maximisation opportunities with existing clients.
- Identifying new, synergistic service categories for AICL.
- Prepare and submit proposals as per client requirements. Introduce knowledge management tools and documentation practices.
- Assess new ways to promote AICL, its services and offerings.
Skills & competencies
- Understanding of the creative services ecosystem with experience in at least three of these areas: digital, investor engagement, marketing communications, moving image, brand, sustainability, employee engagement.
- Excellent network and relationships with corporates and influencers at senior levels.
- Motivated high performer with a focused and entrepreneurial though process.
- Proven ability to commit to and outperform on targets.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office software, including PowerPoint.
- Open to travelling and being on the move.
Qualifications & experience
- Three to five years’ experience in a client interfacing role preferably in a services organisation. Should have had direct revenue responsibility for at least a part of tenure.
- Degree in marketing, business management or equivalent.
- Background in communication services preferable — advertising, media, PR or similar services.
- Exposure to corporate communications a must.
- Opportunity to interact first-hand with top industry professionals in the country, and work with some of the biggest brands.
- Best-in-class compensation structure, with an attractive, performance-linked variable pay.
- Flexible, fun and informal work environment that values talent, and seeks to provide the best opportunities.
- Significant headroom for accelerated growth within the organisation.
* if applicable. File should be in pdf and should not exceed 10MB.
Kindly furnish portfolio / profile links in the cover letter.